- Peel the butternut squash, cut into quarters, remove the core and cut into large cubes. Peel and finely dice the onions. Peel the ginger and grate finely.
- Heat the clarified butter in a Cocotte. Add the onions, ginger and squash and brown them for 3 minutes, dust with curry powder and sauté briefly. Fill up the soup pot with the chicken stock. Cover everything with the lid and simmer for about 30 minutes on a low heat.
- When the squash is soft, add 70 g butter and the coconut milk, and purée everything together in the blender. Season the squash soup generously with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Wash and shake dry the parsley, pluck the leaves from the stems and chop finely.
- Brown the pecan nuts in a frying pan with the remaining 30 g butter, toss in the parsley and season with salt.
- Serve the soup together with the roasted pecan nuts.
1200 g butternut squash
80 g fresh ginger
2 tbsp. clarified butter
4 tbsp curry powder
500 ml chicken stock
100 g butter
200 ml coconut milk
Salt and pepper from the pepper mill
Juice from one lime
1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley
80 g pecan nuts