cooking time80 min.
- Peel the shallots and the celery and cut into small pieces. Grate the peel from the lemon, grapefruit and orange and squeeze out the juice. Halve the white part of the leek lengthways and wash. Cut into 6 cm pieces.
- Warm the olive oil in a Cocotte on medium heat. Sear the breast of veal for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Add salt and pepper on all sides.
- Remove the breast of veal. Sear the shallots, the finely chopped celery, leek and bouquet garni in the Cocotte for about 5 minutes stirring thoroughly. Pour on the white wine and vegetable broth. Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat. Remove the bouquet garni. Lay the breast of veal on the vegetables. Sprinkle with the peel from the citrus fruits. Collect the juice from the breast of veal. Cover and simmer for one hour.
- Add the juice collected from the breast of veal to the juice from the citrus fruits in a small pan and bring to the boil. Reduce until the liquid looks like a syrup.
- Before serving coat the breast of veal with the syrup and roll it in the washed, dried and chopped parsley. This tastes delicious with ribbon noodles or with steamed or steam-cooked carrots.
4 breasts of veal, each approx. 250 g
The white part of one stick of celery
1 unwaxed lime
1 unwaxed grapefruit
1 unwaxed orange
4 leeks (white part only)
1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1 bouquet garni made up of 2 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley, 2 bay leaves, 1 sprig of rosemary, 2 sprigs of thyme
100 ml white wine
200 ml homemade vegetable broth (or 1 tbsp. granulated vegetable broth dissolved in 300 ml hot water)
10 bunch flat-leaf parsley
Salt and pepper from the pepper mill