Grilling time2 min.
- Clean and wash the berries, depending on their size cut the strawberries in halves or quarters. Mix all the berries together, finely puree one third with 50g of sugar and sieve. Set the remaining berry mix aside. Slice the Mozzarella cheese and cut it in halves.
- Break the eggs for the dough. Mix the yolks with milk, vanilla pods and flour until smooth. Whisk the egg whites with sugar until firm and fold in.
- Heat up the STAUB crêpe pan and grease with some clarified butter. Add about a quarter of the dough to the pan and distribute equally with a damp distributor. Bake the crêpe for about 1 minute and turn using a spatula, remove pan from stovetop.
- Pre-heat the oven grill. Spread some berry puree on the pancake and cover with Mozzarella pieces. Spread a part of the berry mix you set aside and generously sprinkle with brown sugar. Slide pan under the hot grill and gratinate for about 2 minutes.
- This "pizza" gets an even more sophisticated flavor if you add homemade sweet basil pesto.
- Add freshly plucked leaves of one bundle of basil, 50g roasted pine seeds, 100ml mild olive oil, 1 tsp. powdered sugar and juice of 1/2 a lime to a tall cup and puree with a blender until smooth. Then add 50g finely grated white chocolate, and it's done!
750g fresh mixed berries (e.g. strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, currants, etc.)
100g sugar in total
250g Mozzarella cheese
Pulp of 1 vanilla pod
Approx. 2 tbsp. clarified butter for baking
Approx. 50g brown sugar for sprinkling