grilling time15 min.
- For the herb butter: Finely chop the parsley and oregano. Foam the butter in a small frying pan, then stir in the herbs, lime juice and the grated peel. Remove the frying pan from the stovetop.
- Thoroughly wash the shrimps and dab dry, press down the garlic and roughly chop the thyme and rosemary.
- Heat the oil in a STAUB plancha on the stovetop, fry the shrimps in their shells with the pressed on garlic, rosemary and thyme on each side for about 2-3 minutes. Season everything with salt and pepper. Remove the plancha from the stovetop and place in the wooden frame. Spread the herb butter over the shrimps.
A rouille sauce goes very well with this for dipping.
- To make the sauce peel 2 garlic cloves and remove the seeds from the red chili pepper. Puree both with about 200 ml mild olive oil into a fine paste.
- Now soak about 1 tsp. saffron threads in 2 tsp. hot water and mix with 2 egg yolks in a shaker. Gradually mix the garlic-chili-oil in the blender. The rouille should have a consistency similar to mayonnaise. Season the rouille generously with salt and some lemon juice.
3 sprigs of parsley and oregano
75 g butter
Juice and finely grated peel of 1 lime
About 12 giant shrimps
3-4 garlic cloves
3-4 sprigs of thyme and rosemary
3 tbsp. olive oil
Ground black pepper