grilling time15 min.
- Add the smoked flour to a pan. Place a strainer or sieve in the pan and add the peeled onions. Heat on the stovetop with a closed lid until smoke forms. Then remove the pan from the stovetop and leave to stand till the smoke has dissolved.
- Finely chop the onions, sauté with the vegetable oil in a pan and add the Cognac and rum.
- Now add all the other ingredients and bring the sauce to the boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash the potatoes and add them all to a pan with the olive oil, garlic, thyme and rosemary in a pot and cook in the oven for two hours at 90 °C. Then let the potatoes cool in the oil, remove them and cut into slices.
- Cut the peppers into quarters, remove the cores and cut into rough diamonds.
- Cut the zucchinis lengthways, remove the cores and cut into rough diamonds.
- Peel and halve the onions and cut into thick slices.
- Peel the carrots leaving some of the greenery. Blanche al dente in boiling water with some salt and rinse in cold water (best with ice cubes).
- Thoroughly clean the dirt off the Chanterelles.
- Marinade all the vegetables with part of the oil from the potatoes.
- Marinate the meat with the remaining cold oil from the potatoes and for the best results let it stand overnight.
Preparation before serving:
- Add the potato slices to the grill pan and sear till golden brown.
- Add the vegetables to the grill pan and sear quickly till golden brown.
- At the same time add the steaks to the grill and sear on each side for four minutes.
- Arrange the vegetables and potato slices on the pre-warmed plates.
- Add the grilled meat to the plate and coat the vegetables with the BBQ sauce.
1 kg beef fillet cut into 5 steaks
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 red onion
100 g Chanterelle mushrooms
10 small carrots with greenery
250 g Pommes de terre rattes
500 ml olive oil
100 g thyme
100 g rosemary
1 bulb garlic
450 g ketchup
100 g medium-spicy mustard
1 tbsp. grated ginger
150 g smoked red onions
30 ml Cognac
10 ml rum
1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
1 pepperoncini without seeds, finely chopped
150 ml Cola
100 g smoked flour
10 ml vegetable oil