grilling time5 min.
- Cut the water melon into 2.5 cm slices, with a round cutter (6 cm) cut out five of these slices and then freeze the melon circles.
- Cut the rest of the melon flesh into small pieces and puree with a blender. Season the puree with salt, pepper, sugar, lemon juice and the finely chopped lemon balm - set a few leaves on one side for decoration - and put the soup in the refrigerator to chill.
- For the glaze add the sugar to a pan and caramelize until it turns light brown. Add the orange juice, lemon juice and soy sauce and cook until a thick consistency is created.
- Then coat the frozen melon slices with the glaze and freeze again.
Preparation before serving:
- Place the frozen melon slices in the grill pan.
- To create an attractive grill pattern, turn the slices by 90 degrees after one minute.
- Add the grilled slices to a deep plate.
- Pour the cold melon soup all around and garnish with 3 slices of ham.
- Place the buffalo mozzarella on the melon slices.
1 small water melon
500 g buffalo mozzarella
250 g buffalo ham, sliced thinly
50 g lemon balm
1 tbsp. lemon juice
Salt, pepper, sugar
20 g sugar
20 m orange juice
10 ml Soy sauce
Juice from 1 lemon