cooking time20 min.
- Add the tomatoes to boiling water for 1 minute and remove the skins.
- Remove the cores, cube the tomato flesh and set aside.
- Add the butter and oil to a HEXAGON Sauté Pan and sear the veal quickly on each side for 3 minutes.
- Season. Add half of the cubed tomatoes, tomato paste, white wine, veal juice, salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes (keep an eye on it and add water if necessary).
- Wash and peel the vegetables. Remove the olive stones and cut the olives in two.
- Finely dice the zucchini, eggplants, onions, tomatoes, garlic and bell pepper into 0.5 cm cubes.
- In a HEXAGON Sauté Pan quickly sear the zucchini, eggplants, onions, garlic and bell pepper individually and in small quantities in hot olive oil.
- Do not let the vegetables go too brown (they should still be a little al dente), season and transfer.
- Then return all the diced vegetables into the HEXAGON Sauté Pan, add the cut olives, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, veal juice and sugar and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Finely cut the basil and set aside.
- Then season and garnish with the fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.
6 slices of veal (loin)
100 ml white wine
150 ml veal juice
20 g butter
500 g thin zucchini
400 g yellow bell pepper
500 g eggplants
100 g black olives
800 g cherry or baby plum tomatoes
15 g tomato paste
10 g garlic
50 g onions
200 ml olive oil
1 bunch basil
Fine gray sea salt, pepper from the pepper mill