cooking time5 min.
- Finely slice the ingredients or cut into small pieces.
- Place the wok on a high heat, add the peanut oil and heat until the oil starts to sputter.
- Stir in the garlic and the salt, then add in the chicken and pork.
- Sear for 2-3 minutes until the pieces are golden brown.
- Then stir in the Soy sauce, white wine and ginger and stir thoroughly, then add the meat to the wok.
- Simmer for 1 minute then add the celery, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, water chestnuts and the cabbage. Sear for a further 3 minutes.
- Now add the beef broth, cover the wok and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the maize starch, pepper and sugar, simmer and stir until the sauce has thickened and is nice and smooth.
- Serve with rice boiled in water.
1 cup chicken
1/2 cup pork
1 cup celery
1 cup cabbage
1 cup beef broth
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup bamboo shoots
1 cup mushrooms
1/4 cup water chestnuts
1 garlic clove (crushed)
2 tsp Soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. oil
1 tsp. white wine