baking time40 min.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C.
- Scrape out the pulp of the vanilla pod. Boil the cream, milk, 120 g sugar and the pulp together with the vanilla pod.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl until creamy and then add the hot cream-milk slowly, stirring continuously.
- Place the small molds next to each other on a deep baking tray and place in the oven.
- Pour the egg-cream-milk into the crème brûlée molds. Pour boiling water into the baking tray nearly up to the edge of the molds.
- Close the oven and let the egg mixture set for 40 min.
- Remove the molds, allow to cool and refrigerate.
- Before serving the crème brûlées, sprinkle with sugar and caramelize with a Bunsen burner or under the very hot oven grill.