baking time15 min.
- Place the puff pastry in the flan dish, prick it and bake blind covered with baking beans for 10-15 minutes to prevent the pastry from rising.
- Wash the bell papers, remove the stalk and seeds and cut into sticks then cubes (known as a brunoise).
- Remove the ends of the zucchini and cut into cubes as for the pepper.
- Peel the onion and chop finely.
- Also cut the tomato into cubes (it can be peeled beforehand if you prefer).
- Peel the garlic, remove the green center and crush it to a paste.
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil for a couple of seconds, then add all the prepared vegetables except the tomato.
- Stir regularly for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the tomato, ginger, salt, pepper and chopped basil. Stir well. Cook over a medium heat for another 5-8 minutes.
- In a bowl prepare the beaten eggs, cream, mustard, a pinch of salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Remove the pastry base from the oven.
- Spread out the vegetable filling and cover with the cream and egg mixture.
- To finish, place on top the parmesan shavings and the coppa slices which have been cut into strips ahead of time.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for around 30 minutes.
Enjoy with a nice green salad and if you like a little extra fresh basil.
I serving of puff pastry (home-made or bought) preferably all-butter
2 small red bell peppers
1 green or yellow zucchini
1 ripe tomato
1 clove of garlic
Several fresh basil leaves
2 soup spoons of olive oil
1/2 a teaspoon of ground ginger (or another spice to taste)
20 cl of pouring cream or soya equivalent
1 flat soup spoon of mustard
4-5 slices of coppa (or parma ham)
Salt and freshly-ground pepper