baking time40 min.
- Peel the apples. Halve and remove the cores so that the apple halves remain intact.
- Melt the butter in a HEXAGON frying pan on the stovetop. Add the fine sugar crystals and turn down the stovetop until the sugar has caramelized.
- Arrange the apple halves in a circle on the base of the dish with one or two in the middle.
- Press down with a spatula so that the apples cook in the caramel. The apples should not turn black but remain golden brown.
- Sprinkle the apples with vanilla sugar and cinnamon. Remove the dish from the oven, cover with the apples with the rolled out puff pastry sheets, pressing the edges down firmly.
- Bake at medium heat in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Eat while it is still warm.