baking time15 min.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Take 300g of pumpkin, keeping the skin on, remove the seeds and if necessary cut it into medium cubes.
- Steam the pieces for around 15 minutes until tender.
- Cut the Comté cheese into small dice or grate it.
- Infuse the cream over a low heat in a saucepan with mustard, pepper, salt and the grated nutmeg. Mix with a whisk to obtain a good consistency. Avoid boiling to make sure it doesn't coagulate. You only need to infuse the spices.
- Pour a little cream into each mini-cocotte. Add the pumpkin and the Comté cheese. Put some more of the cream on the top.
- Carefully break an egg into the center of each mini-cocotte, taking care not to break the yolks.
- Add some Comté shavings, and salt and pepper the eggs.
- Put in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes keeping an eye. The egg should be cooked but preferably still runny so you can dip your bread in the egg!
- Eat it warm with some finely chopped herbs and some nice crusty bread.
- Some chopped walnuts on the top will give it a tasty autumnal touch.
300g of pumpkin
20cl of thick creme fraiche (or long-life liquid cream)
100g of comté cheese
2 teaspoons of mustard
1/2 a teaspoon of grated nutmeg
Freshly-ground black pepper
Some fresh herbs depending on your taste (chives, cilantro, flat parsley)