baking time8 min.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C (Gas Mark 8)..
- Bring to the boil 4/5ths of the milk. Use the rest of the milk to dilute the rice or corn flour in a bowl. When the milk is hot, pour over the rice flour solution, bring to the boil and leave to cook for 30 seconds, stirring. Remove from the heat.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites and keep to one side. Mix the yolks with the sugar then with the cooled thickened milk, then add the melted chocolate and whisk well to bring it all together.
- With a hand mixer or by hand, whisk the egg whites and once they are stiff, add the sugar. Keep whisking for 2 minutes. Incorporate one third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture made in the first stage and mix, then mix in the rest of the egg whites carefully to retain the mousse-like texture.
- Grease the mini-cocottes twice with a brush brushing from the bottom upwards, then shake sugar over to coat the insides. Tap them upside down to remove the surplus. This stage should be done with care because it helps the soufflés to rise vertically.
- Then pour in the mixture into the greased and sugared mini-cocottes and bake for 240°C for 8 minutes. Serve immediately because the soufflés sink quickly.
300g of your favorite plain chocolate
30 cl of cow’s milk or soya equivalent
15g of powdered rice (or rice flour) or cornflour
50g of light Demerara sugar
15 g of unsalted butter or non-hydrogenated vegetable margarine (to butter the mini-cocottes)
45g of light Demerara sugar (for the mini-cocottes)