Baking Time35 min.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200° C (convection heat).
- Remove the tops from the tomatoes and scoop out the flesh. Chop up the flesh and set aside. Cut the bread roll into small pieces, add to a bowl and pour water over it.
- Pluck and chop the leaves from the sprigs of rosemary and thyme. Finely dice the onion, press the garlic through the garlic press onto the minced beef.
- Knead the minced beef with the bread roll, egg, onions, spices and herbs. Cube the Feta cheese and fold in. Fill the tomatoes with the mixture, replace the tops.
- Grease the oven dish with olive oil and add the stuffed tomatoes. Add the chopped tomato flesh and 2 herb sprigs to the mold and cook in the oven slowly for 35 min on a medium rack.
- Wash the mint, pluck the leaves from the stems and chop. Mix with yogurt, add salt.
- Arrange the tomatoes with the roasting juice and mint yogurt sauce. Serve with boiled rice.
4 very large beef tomatoes or 8 smaller ones
400 g minced beef
1 bread roll from the previous day
1 small onion
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp cumin
1 pinch Cayenne pepper ground
2 sprigs thyme
2 sprigs rosemary, salt, pepper
100 g Feta cheese
Olive oil to grease the mold
125 g yogurt
3 sprigs mint